Your mind is a garden.
Your thoughts are the seeds.
You can grow flowers,
Or you can grow weeds.
Before I begin and shift our focus to all the ‘good stuff’ that we want to open ourselves up to, it’s beneficial to do some ‘release’ work first. Check out my previous blog post for some ideas.
With our new empty calendars and the whole year ahead ready to dive into, I find there’s a sense of freshness, openness, opportunity and hope.
I’m not sure about you, but it also feels like the New Year presents itself with a pre-packaged ‘energy boost’. Let’s utilize that.
I am aware Covid-19 comes with a cloud of restrictions which often overwhelms us, so I am here to guide your attention towards a more positive mindset: what we wish to welcome into ourselves and our lives. What do you want to see, feel, receive and experience?
Let’s embrace the clean slate of 2021 and work through the questions below.
Firstly, read all of them. Then pick 3-5 that most resonate with you and write down your answers.
You may need to re-write your answer a few times until it is clear and concise. You can also make this process as short or long as you like.
- What do you want to manifest in your personal life?
- What positive thoughts & feelings do you want to flood your mind and soul with daily?
- What exciting goals do you envisage? (long or short term – Professional and/or Passion projects.)
- What new people or relationships do you want to attract into your life?
- What adventures or experiences would bring you greater joy and fulfilment?
- What uplifting, healthy habits do you want to cultivate?
- What do you want to amplify? More what…?
- What are you saying YES to right now?
Now choose one and create a positive intention that feels right for you. Try one of the following "I AM" affirmations...
I AM INVITING…
I AM WELCOMING…
I AM ATTRACTING…
I AM APPRECIATING… COMING INTO MY LIFE.
I AM OPENING UP TO…
I AM CREATING SPACE FOR…
I AM FEELING MORE…
I AM AMPLIFYING…
I AM BEING FILLED WITH…
I know they are all quite similar, but different individuals will prefer different expressions, so take your pick.
“Once you place a thought into your imagination about who you want to become, I encourage you to live from that end, as if it had already materialized into the physical realm.” Dr Wayne Dyer
Next step - Meditation time...
- Remember your intention.
- Take a comfortable seated position and close your eyes.
- Scan your internal awareness around your whole body feeling it open and spacious.
- Soften your face and find a gentle smile.
- Tap into a sense of full-body loving receptivity.
- With every inhale, see the intention, silently repeat it and visualize breathing it in, welcoming it in with an open heart.
- Begin to imagine yourself as a vessel filling up one breath at a time with this positive aspiration.
- Continue until you feel full to the brim with whatever it is you are inviting in.
- Once you feel so full that it feels like it’s radiating out of you, breathe here in this space of fulfilment for a few more minutes (or as long as you desire).
- Let the intention go and slowly open your eyes.
- Continue into your day (and the following days) with this sense of openness to attracting that which you desire.
- Keep your heart smiling and keep welcoming it in with love.
I asked you to choose one answer and one intention for the meditation, but feel free to carry out the same process with other answers and intentions you wish to explore further with this meditation.
“Be willing to dream, and imagine yourself becoming all that you wish to be. If you live from those imaginings, the universe will align with you in bringing all that you wish for–and even more than you imagined when you were living at an ordinary level of consciousness, or what Thoreau calls ‘common hours.’” Dr Wayne Dyer