Amy Olivia Bell is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how it is used.
How the data is kept secure.
Protecting your data is important to us and therefore this website has the SSL certificate. The padlock in the browser bar tells you your information is secure and safe.
We will also not share your data with any third parties.
What personal data is collected, how and why it is collected.
By subscribing to Amy Olivia Bell’s newsletter, you will have to submit your Full Name and Email in order to receive the newsletters. Newsletters will contain information about any new blog posts, classes, upcoming classes, retreats and events that Amy wishes to share. Your Name and Email is stored online in Amy’s private account with MailChimp. Your data will be stored until you request we delete it from the MailChimp mailing list. You can unsubscribe to the newsletter any time. Should you have any problem doing so, have any questions, or wish for your data to completely removed from all records then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data (Name & Email) may be stored in Amy’s email account contacts (email@example.com) should Amy need to email you regarding any booking information or other Yoga Teaching related notifications. Amy may store your Name for her invoicing/book keeping. In both these cases (contact & accounts) your Name and Email will be stored unless you request it be deleted.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- You have the right to request information about the personal data Amy holds on you at any time.
- Whenever Amy processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to Amy.
- You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Amy at any time except for the following situations:
- You have an ongoing unresolved matter with Amy.
- You have an unsettled debt with Amy regardless of the payment method.
- If you are suspected or have misused Amy’s services within the last four years.
- If Amy brings or defends a legal claim or other proceedings during the period Amy retains your personal information, in which case Amy will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device by the following companies however these are not within Amy’s control:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If you’d like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them please visit aboutcookies.org.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This policy was last updated on January 20th 2020
If we make any changes to this notice it will state so on this website and you will be sent an email notification.