You Heal By Releasing Not Suppressing…
If you’re reading this, we did it, we made it, we survived the long, unsettling and testing year of 2020. But before you shut the door, let’s take a little moment of reflection and meditation to acknowledge and let go of whatever we don’t want to carry forth into this fresh New Year, whatever may be lingering in the closet.
However, instead of rejection, suppression or ignoring… with love, we let go.
Take a moment to think of one thing that you are ready to release fully, say goodbye to, relinquish giving attention to, wash your hands of. What is that you have had enough of and you don’t want to carry over into 2021?
- Your less than favourable behaviour patterns or bad habits?
- Something that is holding you back or is in the past, but you are not at peace with?
- Someone who is a bad influence or treats you poorly.
- A recurring negative emotion or thought.
Once that ‘thing’ has come to mind, see it, feel it… and smile. Whatever is in your mind’s eye fully acknowledge it and soften your approach to it.
Now Try These Visualisations
With a feeling of acceptance…
- Imagine breathing in fresh, clean air and exhale blowing ‘it’ out of you, like a blustery wind getting in all the nooks and crannies.
With a feeling of love…
- On the inhale, visualise flushing yourself with crystal clear water. On the exhale, see ‘it’ washing out of you, along with any remaining debris.
With a feeling of empowerment…
- On both the inhalation and exhalation visualise your lungs being like bellows fuelling your heart flame. Visualise this heat and fire inside your chest burning that ‘thing’ up and transmute it into something better that you wish for.
Continue for a least 5-10 mins, longer if you wish, until you feel a sense of lightness, purification, inner peace, optimism, clarity or strength.
All experiences are lessons that we can learn and grow from. With compassion towards self and other, greater awareness and a willingness to take action, we can do a better job at processing them and thrive as a result.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.
Today I Release...
Unkind, judgemental and negative thoughts and behaviour towards others.
Anxiety and tension in my body, mind, breath and heart.
Feelings of shame, self-doubt, self-pity, self-disappointment, self-loathing.
Old resentment, anger and bitterness.
Unhealthy habits, behavioural patterns and attachments.
Thoughts & feelings of lack, scarcity, limitation and excessive pessimism.
The need to please everyone.
The need to always be right.
The need to be perfect and deliver only perfection.
Fear of taking action.
Fear of saying no.
Fear of saying yes.
Impatience and unnecessary intolerance.
Egotistical, arrogant behaviour.
Any inflated sense of entitlement.
Selfish and thoughtless tendencies.
Stubbornness, close-mindedness and inflexibility.
The blinkers that stop me from seeing the beauty, magic and joy all around me.
In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.